1. On the 18th of April in 1775, Paul Revere lit out on his famous ride. Exactly 210 years later I was born.
2. My name is a Greek-Spanish fusion that works best in non-Anglo phonologies.
3. I used to not only read Star Trek novels but collect and review them.
4. I love perfume. My top scents are: Un Jardin Sur le Nil by Hermes, L de Lolita Lempicka, Crystal Noir by Versace, Timbuktu by L’Artisan Parfumeur, Ambre Sultan by SL, and just about anything with gardenia, jasmine, or spices.
5. I’ve never lived anywhere for more than 3 years consecutively.
6. I love lamps. It’s true, honest! Hanging lanterns, old kerosene lanterns, desk lamps, glass lamps, etc.
7. I can recite “Jabberwocky” by Lewis Carrol from memory. “Twas brillig, and the slithy toves…”
8. My longest-lasting ambition as a kid was to be an Egyptologist (thank you, Indiana Jones).
9. I owned a horse from the time I was eight until I was a junior in high school. One of these horses was stolen, and another died of tsetse fly bites.
10. The closest thing I’ve ever had to a “celebrity encounter” was when I met John Piper on an airstrip in Cameroon.
11. I’ve had 10 jobs in the last 5 years.
12. I still haven’t read the last Harry Potter book because (spoiler alert!) I don’t want to have to deal with Dumbledore’s death.
13. I still consider Nelson Mandela to be one of my greatest living heroes.
14. I was the keeper on our high school girl’s soccer team but I lettered in weightlifting.
15. My favorite coffee drink is just a doppio but for dessert I enjoy con panna.
16. The TV show I most wish would come back for another season is Firefly.
17. I am extrovert who likes to have time alone. Or am I an introvert who really likes people?
18. In middle school one summer I read “The Complete Works of Sherlock Holmes” twice. Now that’s evolved into a special fascination with NCIS. I also enjoy CSI and CSI:NY and other sleuthing shows. CSI:Miami does not belong in this category.
19. My favorite restaurant in Portland is Pambiche – Cuban food, but my other loves are Lebanese, Thai and Ethiopian.
20. I once owned a pet monkey.